Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Google's Tour Builder and YouTube Fail! - Tech Sherpas

This hosts this week are Jake and Kern.

 





Everyone knows that YouTube has become the de facto video player for the Internet and like the Internet there's great educational stuff there (and ridiculous stuff as well.)

I've been using Google Hangouts On Air with my Tech Sherpa students to provide tech support for over a year now and one of the best features is how a Hangout On Air is automatically recorded and added to your YouTube Channel. My students help educators with tech support questions and have a recording to share later with others. Perfect.

Until now.

I attempted to start a new Hangout on Air and was greet with this message:




One of our previous videos from months ago had been flagged with a copyright notice that we had used music from the Dutch Hip Hop band Fakkelbrigade.  



I'm sure is was the automated system that tagged our video and I disputed the claim (we've never had music in our videos) but the response was going to be up to a month later! d

Luckily it only took a few days to be resolved, but it made me ask myself what would I do if using Hangouts On Air was 'mission critical' for a project I was doing with students or teachers.  



We will be back next Tuesday, February 4th at 3:00 EST

No comments:

Post a Comment